Thinking of cost of the product during concept design itself is interesting. This tool is needed for every engineer.
DFMA Training / Workshop
DFMA® as a design measurement technique and Software is used by Fortune 1000 companies worldwide.We introduce a new approach to DFMA training and wish to share with you for your review.It includes a Training kit called the MOTOR ASSEMBLY SYSTEM. This kit contains actual parts of a real project that have to be assembled. This MOTOR ASSEMBLY SYSTEM will have 2 kits, one present design and one revised design product. The training also introduces a systematic approach to Analyze Product Designs and introduction to manufacturing, process, materials and operations used in industry is tutored with hands-on examples for each.
- Participants to our workshop will be ready to apply the concepts & deploy DFMA software to their projects/products by the end of the training.
- This 2 day / 3 day program is to sensitize the interested participants from industry & Faculty of Engineering colleges who wish to be sensitized on the subject and evaluate inclusion in their in-house DnD projects, Design Review and manufacturing cost analysis.
The DFMA® Short Course
- The DFMA® Short Course has been developed for Faculty, Students and Industry engineers, manufacturing engineers, cost estimators and others interested in the design & production of high value products.
- The goal of the DFMA® Short Course is to demonstrate how proper consideration of part manufacturing and assembly early in the product design stage can considerably improve the overall efficiency of the value stream.
- The course will thoroughly discuss product simplification techniques and the associated part assembly time and cost estimating techniques required to make good, data-based design decisions.
- Participants will also see how part cost estimates evolve into “should cost” estimates enabling data-based supply chain negotiations.
DFMA Training kit
Senthil Kumar N – Goodrich Aerospace – UTC
Tajul Ariffin – UTEM
The DFMA Tool is very good for academician, Research & Manufacturing service industry. It is highly recommended to others.
Ganesh K – KPIT
Nice tool for innovating new ideas & costing a part to its nearest actual cost. DFMA Tool helps in improving thought process.
Jagadeesh D G –DOVER
Excellent way of teaching to the point, crisp, and clear. The way of conveying topics was good. Point of interest is DFA Tool and DFM taking different processes, Concurrent thinking, & at the time out of the box approach
Dhivakar C – Altran
Very deep knowledgeable instructors were deployed and the lecture was very beneficial. Being a SCM engineer DFM model was very useful and will be useful in arriving the target cost of the parts provided.
Praveen Rajashekar sheelvant – Altran
Had very good lecture about the process and the utilization of DFMA Tool in an efficient way & Very good point to point explanation about parts of each and every field from the household product to complex industrial product.
Gunasekaran L – Altran
DFMA Tool is very much helpful for getting approximate cost of tooling & related process cost.
Shashank W – Eaton
DFMA will be helpful for analyzing the products. All the aspects of DFA &DFM & Comparison of cost of the different concepts analytically are interesting.
About DFMA Trainer
Mr. Syed Mubasheer Ali is a Product Design – Cost Consultant facilitating consultancy, workshops on new product initiatives. A mechanical engineer, with 18 years’ experience, trained over 7,000 engineers in Creative Review & Cost Analysis as workshop instructor and project consultant for New Product Designs resulting in millions of annualized savings. A DFMA “Train the Trainer” on Boothroyd Dewhurst Methodology tool – DFMA® software